The Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (FASSET) is a public entity established in terms of the Skills Development Act (Act 97 of 1998) and Skills Development Levies Act (Act no 9 of 1999).
It serves the finance and accounting services sector such as investment entities, stockbroking and financial markets, financial development organisations, accounting, bookkeeping, auditing and tax services, business and management consulting services, the South African Revenue Service, the national and provincial treasuries and other ventures serving financial processes such as debt collection.
FASSET offers bursaries to South African learners who are at least in 2nd year and are registered for an undergraduate qualification in BCom Finance, BCom Accounting and BCom Economics at University of the Western Cape.
The bursary covers tuition fees. A fixed amount for textbooks and other academic essentials may be awarded according to funds availability.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens, Black and Coloured learners in the Western and Northern Cape learners and/or became a South African citizen before 27 April 1994
- Enrolled 2nd year students (higher years are also eligible) for an undergraduate qualification in BCom Finance, BCom Accounting and BCom Economics at UWC
- Passed the modules from the previous year of study
- Maximum R600 000 per annum gross combined household income (income before deductions)
How to Apply and Application Details
You can apply for the FASSET Bursary one of the following ways:
1 – You will need to register an account at CareersWise Website and apply for the FASSET Bursary programme.
2 – Download and complete the FASSET Bursary Application Form. (pdf)
- Attach certified copies of the following documents together with the completed application form:
- South African ID of applicant
- Latest academic record
- Birth certificates or ID’s of all family members
- Parent/Guardian/Applicant Marriage certificate, if applicable
- Death certificate of parent/guardian, if applicable
- Proof of legal guardian, if applicable
- Parents full divorce agreement, if applicable
- Proof from Home Affairs or SMS (M ID NUM to 32551) proving marital status and an affidavit stating details about the other parent, for single parents
- Letter from Department of Labour, for those who have siblings who are less than 18 years old, unemployed and not studying
- Proof of registration, for those who have siblings studying at FET College or at a tertiary institution
- Proof of separation or report from Department of Social Services, if parents are married but separated
- Parents/Guardian proof of income:
- Employed: Salary/Wage/Pay slips
- Informal Trader/Hawker: Any valid proof of income, Proof of Lease Agreement (if renting accommodation)
- Commission Earner: IRP5, IT3 and last 2 years IT12
- Members of a CC/PTY (LTD) and/or Sole Proprietor: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, last 2 years IT14 (tax return for business), last 2 years IT 12 (tax return for individual), last 2 years IT3 (Income Tax Certificate from the Bank)
- Unemployed: Official letter from the Department of Labour showing unemployment status or Affidavit Proof of family financial support
- Pensioned: Proof of pension/grant/maintenance/rental/interest from investment
- Submit complete application and documents to email@example.com or Fax it to 086 609 7183It can also be sent by post to:CareerWise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
Opening & Closing Date
None – Application can be submited all year round and students are welcome to apply at any time via the careerwise websites.
Address: 296 Kent Avenue Randburg
Post: PO Box 6801 Cresta 2118 Gauteng
Tel: (011) 476 8570
Fax: (011) 476 5756
The post FASSET Bursary 2019 – 2020 appeared first on All Bursaries South Africa.