Maitland is looking a graduate to join its Investment Operations team in Cape Town, Western Cape. The graduate will be responsible for managing, administrating and accounting for the investment products (including hedge funds) within the Fund Accounting division. The individual will be required to administer the funds efficiently, accurately and within daily deadlines as well as setting up and ensuring checklists and standards are adhered to.
The Internship programme successfully places candidates within divisions of Maitland Group SA to provide them with the workplace experience needed to act as a foundation to establish their career. Interns are given a 12 month contract and receive a monthly stipend. At the end of the contract, trainees who meet Maitland’s recruitment requirements can apply for an available vacancies. Although no guarantees can be given, we have many success stories of interns successfully placed in permanent vacancies following their internship.
The Graduate Programme is aimed at individuals who have completed a degree in finance, accounting or equivalent.
Maitland provides multi-jurisdictional legal, tax, fiduciary, investment and fund administration services to private, corporate and institutional clients. Maitland specialises in cross-border solutions – with over $200 billion in assets under administration.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
- Responsibilities will differ depending on the department the intern is placed at
- Completed Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent (essential)
- Although no experience is required, holiday work or part-time experience in student-related roles will be an advantage
Personal Skills and Abilities:
- Good understanding, knowledge and experience of back office administration processes and accounting;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Confident, enthusiastic and self-motivated;
- A track record of achievement; and
- To work independently in meeting deadlines and still work within a team environment track record of achievement;
How to apply
Closing date is 28 January 2019. Click here to apply online