Discovery is offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to young people to join their ever-growing team in Sandton, Gauteng.
If you are you a matriculant looking to gain a qualification and work experience in a world class organization. Then here is an opportunity for you to join the 2019 Discovery learnership Programme, a one-year programme that provides on-the-job training and an unrivalled development experience from the smartest and best team and culture in the world.
Key Purpose of the role
This Learnership leads to a nationally recognised FETC: Long Term Insurance NQF Level 4 qualification; which consists of structured learning components combined with practical/workplace experience in the Financial Services industry. It consists of structured learning components combined with practical/workplace experience which totals to 1 500 learning hours. The qualification is Unit Standard Based and the programme is registered with the Insurance Sector Education and Training Authority (InSeta) and will be accredited by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Long Term Insurance – Discovery Health: WCP
- Medical Aid client servicing, claims, new business and health benefits administration
Candidates should have completed Grade 12 with the following?
- Maths (Minimum Level 4 – 50%)
- English (Minimum Level 4 – 50%)
- Maths Literacy (Minimum Level 5 – 60% )
- 2nd language (Minimum Level 4 – 50%)
How to qualify
- Not be engaged in post Matric studies or formal employment;
- Not have completed any previous Learnership.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years;
- Have effective communication skills in the written & verbal English language;
- Possess basic computer skills mainly MS Excel & MS Outlook
- Innovative/ critical thinking/ and problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail and levels of accuracy
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity and works in a systematic, methodical and orderly manner.
- Time management and planning skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team orientated environment
- Service driven, a sense of urgency and a team player.
- Adapts to changing circumstances and handles criticism well and learns from it.
How to apply
Click here to apply online