|Institution: Knysna Hospital (Garden Route District)
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences And Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate Porter duty experience in a health facility.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts, including nightshifts.
- Prepared to handle bodies (corpses).
- Capability to do strenuous physical labour.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Accompany walking patients and safely transport sitting non-walking patients per wheelchair/trolley to and from different departments/wards and in and out of ambulances.
- Direct or accompany visitors to various destinations.
- Check/order/report and replace gas cylinders in wards/treatment area and assist with shifting of medical equipment to and from rooms.
- Render assistance to nursing staff with the transfer of patients to beds or trolleys and vice versa.
- Carry medical and other documentation (patient files and reports) to wards or treatment areas.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of trolleys and wheelchairs, including the replacement of trolley linen when necessary.
- Report any defects of trolleys or wheelchairs to supervisor.
- Reply to requests from wards or clinics.
- Assist with the transportation of corpses from wards to the mortuary and entering details in the mortuary register.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Knysna/Plett Herald 26/4/2019, PSVC 16/2019)