||Institution: Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital, Rondebosch
Core Title: Artisan and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate experience and knowledge of electrical, air conditioning and refrigeration installations, lighting, mechanical, electrical plant and equipment, buildings and the associated maintenance procedures.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence and own reliable transport.
- Ability to work on ladders and multi-storied buildings.
- Willingness to work overtime and do standby duties.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, with good organisational as well as team skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of Western Cape.
- Ability to plan ahead (pro-active), work independently, as well as in a team and it would be required for the officer to learn and comply with in-house systems and procedures.
- Strict adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Perform electrical, mechanical and general maintenance of plant, equipment and buildings (including after-hour repairs).
- Assist Artisans with repairs and installation projects.
- Complete and return repair requisitions and assist in ordering and controlling the workshop, materials and tools.
- Maintain plant rooms, plant equipment and work areas in a clean and safe condition.
Note: Candidates may be subjected to a competency test. No payment of any kind will be required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in Vukani/Southern Suburbs Tatler 2/5/2019, PSVC 17/2019.