Artisan Aide: Boilermaker ( P16 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide a basic engineering service to the Boilermaker as required in the plant according to engineering specifications and safety standard.
REPORTING TO: Foreman: Mechanical
- Ensures test equipment is well maintained
- Carries out planned maintenance and preventative maintenance schedules to required standards
- Reports unsafe conditions and actions to appropriate management level.
- Assists artisan as and when required
- Carries out shift work in accordance with pre-planned roster
- Notifies Foreman of changes to plant to enable plant history to be maintained
- Diagnoses, fault finds and repairs equipment failures maximize plant availability
- Modifies existing plant as required
- Responsible for housekeeping in designated areas
- Collects Bill of material information
- Carries out reasonable tasks and instructions given by line management
- Adheres to environmental policy and procedures including
- Reduces waste
- Prevents spills
- Meets environmental targets which apply to his sphere of influence
- Complies with hazardous chemical handling procedures
- Complies with environmental legal requirements
- Practices good housekeeping aligned with Key 1
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Planning & Organising
- Problem Solving
- Initiative / Proactive
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- N2 Engineering (4 Subjects)
- Two years’ experience in a heavy Engineering Environment
- Have completed level 1 boilermaking
- Have experience in boilermaking and welding for 2-3 years
Closing date: 24 May 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.