Closing date: 31 May 2019
Operating entity: Sasol Secunda Synfuels Operation
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Department: Power Station
Job Designation: Artisan: Electrician
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To ensure continuous plant availability through effectively performing all artisan functions related to petrochemical plant electrical Distribution equipment.
- Experience in a Petro-chemical environment
- Knowledge and understating of SAP, OPEX and PLC’s/DCS systems
- Switching /Electrical distribution knowledge
- Fault finding experience
- Knowledge of High Voltage transformers.
- Working knowledge of batteries and battery chargers.
- Knowledge of generators
- Safety and good housekeeping
- Maintenance of all electrical and related
- Working knowledge of PLC/DCS installations and
be able to do maintenance and fault finding.
- Implementation of modifications
- Read and understand Electrical diagrams
- Execution of tasks associated with maintenance inspections and strategies
- Able to assist with modifications/upgrades on existing control systems
- Able to scope and execute small projects
- Work in diverse work team under supervision of plant Maintenance Foreman
- Drivers’ license (Code 8)
- RFA Fitness – This position requires pre-employment medical examination which includes a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria
- National Senior Certificate with Maths, Science & English
- NQF 4 Occupational Trade Test /or Red Seal (Instruments)
Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience as a qualified Artisan
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Continuous learning and improvement
Functional / Technical
Drive for results
- Problem solving
- Effective communication
- Develop productive working relationships
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.