The incumbent will be responsible to safely carry out preventive maintenance and repairs in line with documented work instructions.
SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY
• Adhere to the legislated safety, health and environmental standards in every task performed
• Isolate and lockout with relevant documents
• Assess and respond to related risks in working areas
• Ensure Customer satisfaction
• Perform the job as outlined in the Work Order and as per the detailed task list.
• Capture history and complete the notification to the required standard.
• Confirm work order with the correct time and details to the required standard.
• Provide feedback to the Maintenance Supervisor on any tasks where there is a difference between the task instruction and the job requirements
• Communicate if spares , equipment or other factors were not avaible for the job on the work order and to the Maintenance Supervisor.
• Generate notifications from inspections and sub sequent notification.
• Conduct fault finding on defective equipment where required.
• Ensure adherence to health and safety, environment, quality and housekeeping in section
• Apply fault-finding techniques, conduct root cause failure analysis and regular plant inspections
• Maintain and repair mechanical parts, components and equipment
• Comply with (Occupational Health and Safety Act) OHSA and (Mine Health and Safety Act) MHSA standards, ensure that installations comply with statutory regulations, conform to safety standard and planned maintenance system requirements
• Ensure awareness of relevant COP content
• Complete breakdown work order, create notification , provide feedback and generate orders on the SAP system.
• Adhere to lock-out procedure .
• Adhere to lock-out procedure and risk requirement before work commence.
• Attend to brake- down effectively and safely.
• Ensure availability of spares by adhering to rotables procedure where applicable
- Cost reduction and continuous improvement