||Institution: Clanwilliam Hospital, Cederburg Sub-district (West Coast District)
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy.
- Appropriate Hospital/Clinic or other Health Facility laundry experience.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Ability to work with heavy duty Laundry/cleaning equipment.
- Basic knowledge of infection control and safety procedures of a Laundry/Hospital environment.
- Basic knowledge in the correct methods of handling, sorting and counting of linen.
- Basic knowledge in washing and sluicing of linen.
- Ability to communicate effectively in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Must be able to count well.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Accurate recording of all incoming and outgoing linen on a daily basis to hospital, clinics and EMS services.
- Correct handling, receiving and dispatch of soiled and clean linen to the wards and clinic according to internal protocol and infection control measures.
- Cleaning of laundry and laundry equipment on a daily basis.
- Follow and adhere to Health and Safety Regulations.
- Render a support service to supervisor.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in Ons Kontrei 7/5/2019, PSVC 20/2019.