||Institution: Directorate: Engineering and Technical Services (Based at: Bellville Mobile Workshop)
Core Title: Artisan and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy.
- Appropriate verifiable work experience in carpentry and joinery, repairs and installations.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Ability to use industrial woodwork machinery and electrical power tools.
- A valid (Code B) driver’s licence.
- Conversant with the requirements of the General Machinery Regulations and the Occupational Health and Safety Acts.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Carry out minor repairs and maintenance to hospital building and equipment.
- Assist with repairs and emergency breakdowns (including after-hours repairs).
- Inspect and repair/replacement of drywall, hang, finish, frame, texture, wood trim work or rough carpentry skills, baseboards, crown moulding.
- Install/hang and trim interior and exterior doors and fixtures.
- Assist with the control and requisitioning of material and parts.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to a practical test.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (People’s Post 18/6/2019, Tygerburger 19/6/2019, PSVC 22/2019)