The Capital On The Park is recruiting for an experienced Receptionist – based in Sandton, Johannesburg.
The Capital Hotels and Apartments is the fastest growing hotel group in South Africa and are the leaders and specialists in the extended stay/serviced apartment/apartment hotel sector. We are currently constructing two properties per year.This high paced growth requires ambitious and talented employees and provides such employees with promotional opportunities as they move into our newly constructed properties.
We are a privately owned – owner operated company. This means we make decisions fast and leave corporate bureaucracy behind!
WHY WORK FOR US?
Our staff love coming to work as they feel respected, appreciated, heard, successful and secure. Imagine a company where managers don’t manage managers, we are all simply doers.
Making decisions in regard to our best employees also comes fast, where we recognise talent and reward it quickly through promotions. We don’t need to or want to wait for approval. We recruit on experience but promote on values — the core of which is rigor, disciplined thought and disciplined action.
A Receptionist is respinsible for checking guests in and out of the hotel, maintaining guest accounts and processing guest transactions during their stay. They deal with any and all special needs or requests from guests during their stay. In addition, they assist with reservations for guests as and when required.
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in a Receptionist position
- Relevant Hospitality Diploma/ Degree
- Sound knowledge of Front Office, Reservations and General Management Procedures
- Communication, engagement and Guest Service Skills
- Strong Computer Literacy skills in terms of MS Office and a reputable PMS (Protel)
- Presentable and well spoken
- Hands-on Problem-Solving approach and the ability to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents and investigations
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Honest and trustworthy beyond approach
- Ability to remain highly confidential and be able to treat sensitive information with the highest level of diplomacy
- Ability to work shifts
- Great attention to detail
The Capital Hotels and Apartments is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Capital Hotels and Apartments does not discriminate on the basis of disability or any other basis protected under local laws.
Should you not receive a response within 15 working days of submitting your application, regrettably your application has been unsuccessful.
Ad Visible Until: 28 June 2019