||Institution: Tygerberg Hospital, Parow Valley
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Suppport Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy.
- Appropriate cleaning experience in a hospital setting.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Ability to work flexi hours, shifts, weekends and night-duty.
- Must be physical, mentally and emotionally fit to provide an essential service.
- Basic literacy.
- Ability to participate and work as part of a team.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning and the cleaning equipment.
- Must be able to maintain effective relationships with staff, patients and public.
- Ability to do physical tasks and operate heavy duty cleaning and household equipment.
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Effectively delivered environmental hygiene.
- Participate in activities of the cleaning service.
- Utilise and manage available human and financial resources to fulfil the operational needs of the clinical area.
- Effective support to the housekeeper and nursing staff related to example cleanliness of environment and patient meal services.
- Maintain protective clothing code.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (Tgerburger 10/7/2019, PSVC 24/2019)