Amazon is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, Washington, founded in 1994. It focuses on e-commerce, digital streaming, cloud computing and artificial intelligence. It’s one of the biggest employers within the USA and one of the Big Four” technology companies alongside Facebook, Apple and Google. At Amazon, they are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth.
Amazon Recruitment Bursary 2020
In 2018, The Amazon Development Centre (South Africa) was launched “Amazon Recruitment Bursary” for people from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
The purpose of the bursary programme is to develop talent pipeline for Amazon (AWS) in South Africa. StudyTrust, on behalf of Amazon, is inviting current first-year and second-year students in the following fields of study to apply for the bursary:
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
The Amazon Recruitment Bursary will cover the costs (capped) of the following:
- Residence/ Private accommodation
- Stationery and books
- A personal computer
Successful applicants who annually make satisfactory academic progress will be sponsored until they complete their study programmes and will then be considered for a position in the Amazon graduate development programme in Cape Town.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study above mentioned.
- Currently Grad 12 learners with Mathematics and Physical Science marks of 75% and above
- Currently 1st-year tertiary students who are consistently obtaining an average of 70% and above
- Applicants must be willing to commit to work for Amazon for the number of years funded.
- Applicants must be willing to participate in vacation work and training opportunities at
- From a previously disadvantaged background
How to Apply and Application Details
The Amazon Recruitment Bursary Applications must be done online. You need to click here and register an account before you can “Log in” and apply for the bursary.
Alternatively, you also apply for this bursary at StudyTrust Offical Website.
Submit the following documents to accompany your application:
- A certified copy of your ID document
- A Certified copy of your matric latest results, if you’re currently in matric.
- A Certified copy of your matric certificate, if completed matric
- A Certified copy of your full tertiary academic record, if you’re at tertiary level
Note: the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded.
30 September 2019.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Study Trust directly:
Contact Person: Mr Mthusi Morebodi (Bursary Support Manager)
Post: Private Bag X16 Braamfontein, 2017
Address: 10B Clamart Road Richmond Johannesburg, 2092
Tel: 011 482-1501 / 011 403-1632
Fax: 086 567-5604 / 086-563-7495
Email: [email protected] /[email protected]
The post Amazon Recruitment Bursary 2019 – 2020 appeared first on All Bursaries South Africa.