A Learnership is a structured learning programme that combines theoretical training and on-the-job learning in an integrated programme. The theoretical aspects of the learning are entrenched with work-based learning.
Further characteristics of a Learnership are:
• A Learnership leads to a national qualification registered on the (NQF) National Qualification Framework.
• The qualification is based on SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) registered unit standards
• The unit standards are written to reflect value adding skills required in the workplace and contains the outcomes and assessment criteria.
• Competence is demonstrated in the workplace utilizing a variety of assessment methods and using the assessment criteria as the standard of performance.
• Be self motivated, be self starters and willing to work
• Have basic problem solving ability.
• Be able to pay attention to detail and take instructions.
• Have the ability to interact and work well within teams.