||Institution: Alexandra Hospital (Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services)
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- General Education and Training Certificate (GETC) /Grade 9 (Std 7).
Registration with a professional council:
- Registration with the Private Security Regulatory Authority of South Africa in terms of the Private Security Industry Regulations Act (Act 56 of 2001) PSIRA.
- Appropriate experience in a Psychiatric environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to work night shifts, public holidays, weekends, and overtime.
- Must have no criminal record.
- Ability to function independently in challenging situations.
- Must be self-disciplined, self-motivated and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Good listening, report-writing, conflict and group handling skills.
- Communication in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Access/egress control of all wards on the establishment.
- Assist personnel with handling aggressive/difficult patients and escort patients on/off hospital premises, where required.
- Deliver a supportive security service with the aim to prevent injuries, abscondment of patients, litigation and adverse incidents.
- Effective application of service delivery and efficient support.
- Control/monitor surveillance cameras to identify and prevent any unlawful entry, suspicious, dangerous objects and adverse incidents.
- Monitor and report on the compliance with SLA by the outsourced security service provider.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (Athlone News 11/9/2019, PSVC 33/2019)