Applications are invited for the above-mentioned positions in the Northern Region based at our Distribution Centre in Pretoria West . The successful incumbents will report to the Branch Manager .
Purpose of the position
The purpose of this position is to drive a delivery vehicle for the purpose of executing customer orders in accordance with prescribed procedures and the customers’ service procedures.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Drive Delivery vehicle in accordance with the Road transport Ac
- Receive verbal and written instructions and documentation from Customer Delivery Controller and / or Management.
- Ensure that vehicle is checked by completing the mandatory vehicle checklist on the DSD handheld device.
- On arrival at customer, inform the customer of delivery and request permission to proceed with offloading.
- Ensure that all DSD handheld processes are completed stringently, including POD, GRN and claim processes.
- Handle all customer complaints professionally and forward complaints to Customer Delivery Controller for action if needed.
- Ensure good customer relations under all circumstances.
- Safeguard company property and assets
- General Administration
- Handle accidents as per prescribed procedure and report within 24 hours.
- Complete log sheets and ensure that all documentation is correct and handled in accordance with deadlines
- Assist with device execution and crew management on hired vehicles when volumes require from time to time
- Ensure the safety of all personnel, both on site, during transit and at customers.
- Adhere to Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Ensure that product is handled safely and speedily
- Ensure that no unnecessary breakages occur during loading and off-loading
The successful candidate must have the following qualification, skills and experience:
- Valid unendorsed EC drivers (Code 14 )
- Valid PRDP permit
- Knowledge of delivery routes
- Minimum Grade 12 (Matric Qualification)
- DSD handheld device skills would be advantageous
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Professional approach and highly self-motivated
- Adept at handling challenging interpersonal relationships
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Reference number: 16079
Closing date: 17 September 2019