State / Province Mpumalanga
Employment/Assignment Type Regular
Travel Required (maximum) Frequent Travel
Functional Area Aftermarket
Position: Diesel Technician x2
The main purpose of the job is to produce the required labor hours through maintenance and repair work, in accordance with the Company quality and efficiency standards.
Reporting: This position reports to the Team Leader
- Fault-finding and diagnosis on Volvo Products by interpreting product “under performance” and/or failure.Interpret and implement information in Volvo Manual and Service Literature.
- By following directives provided in Workshop Manuals, produce work of Volvo acceptable standards.
- Follow repair, maintenance instructions and specifications as per the manual.
- Ensure excellence in customer service delivery through meticulously following procedures/processes.
- Provide comprehensive and accurate reports on diagnosis, assessment of component/part, failures, observations, actions and recommendations.
- Follow procedures for breakdown work:
- Liaise with driver before responding to customer breakdowns;
- Ensure the correct documentation is in place and accurately completed before submission.
- Compliance to ISO 9001 and other Safety standards.
Education & Job Experience
- Qualified Diesel Mechanic.
- 3 years in maintenance and repairs of commercial vehicles.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to read all relevant measuring equipment.
- Knowledge/skills to effect correct repair work.
- Ability to interpret technical manuals and specifications and put into practice.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Computer literate.
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.