Our client based in Limpopo is looking for a Health and Safety Officer to ensure that all Health and Safety and Environmental legislation, company policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to, reviewed, updated and communicated also provide regular reports to the management team on relevant HSE activities.
Education and Minimum Requirements:
- Grade 12 (Matric)
- National Diploma in Safety Management
- COMSOC 1 and 2 / SAMTRAC
- 6 to 8 years working experience in a mining environment
- Degree / National Diploma in Health and Safety or equivalent qualification. OHSA / SAMTRAC Certificate will be advantageous.
- SACPCMP / CHSO registration.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience managing safety, health and risk management with a company of 100 or more employees in a Manufacturing environment.
- Sound Knowledge of OHSAS 18001 and 14001 and audits related to it.
- Track record experience on SHE management systems, processes and procedures.
Skills and competencies:
- In-depth understanding of and the ability to interpret SHE related legislation, Company Standards and program requirements to pass knowledge and requirements to others.
- HIRA certification.
- Emergency response.
- Incident Investigation.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Staff training.
- Fit to work at Heights.
- Computer Literate (Microsoft office applications).
- Ensure that all Health and Safety and Environmental legislation, company policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to, reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the company meets statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety, environmental and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting aspects.
- Completion and regular review of risk assessments and ISO14001:2015 documentation ensuring it is adhered to.
- Investigate incidents and report them to the relevant authorities (DOL, DEA) and recommended improvements implemented to all relevant parties.
- Ensure safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections are carried out, risk assessments and working procedures are managed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Compile and update risk assessments (HIRA) and update the site’s risk profile every year or after an incident.
- Coordinate the development of health and safety policies, systems and procedures.
- Ensure accurate health safety and environmental records are maintained.
- Establish a full programme of documented Health and Safety and Environmental training throughout the company.
- Liaise with Operations Manager on all health, safety and environmental aspects.
- Provide regular reports to the management team on relevant HSE activities
- Conduct monthly meetings reporting on health safety and environmental matters.
- Ensure that Contractors and Suppliers comply with the requirements of the relevant legislation by monitoring contractor compliance.
- Full Preparation of Health and Safety Files – Premises and Sites
- Attend to all related Health and Safety tasks required by the Company
Please visit our website at www.boardroom.co.za for more details and to register your C.V.