The incumbent will inter alia be responsible for the following:
Administration and Support Services
• Responsible for timely renewal of licenses, through control of renewal process and applicable documentation (if applicable)
• Maintain and update monthly license renewal register (if applicable)
• Update inventory with new or withdrawn vehicles (if applicable)
Equipment Operations and Control
• Service/maintain/repair all mechanical/hydraulics/ auto electrical systems according to applicable specs and as per schedule
• Use applicable instruments/techniques to identify any malfunctioning
• Attend to breakdowns immediately
• Re-condition specific components and spares for installation
• Ensure all vehicles are roadworthy (if applicable)
Inspection and Control
• Inspect all tools/equipment/instruments prior to use
• Inspect all vehicles/machines/mechanical equipment to identify defects
• Report defects immediately
• Carry out inspection according to a specific schedule to repair identified defects
Material/Resource Planning and Control
• Adhere to planned maintenance schedules
• Use available resources, both people and equipment optimally
• Assume responsibility for quality of maintenance and new installations in functional area.
Routine Work Management
• Fill in job cards daily and submit to foreman
Safe and Healthy Work Environment
• Adhere to all health/safety practices and promote good housekeeping on an ongoing basis.
• Address all unsafe practices/potential hazardous situations, rectify/report to superior.
• Comply with Safety Health Environment and Community (SHEC)/technical requirements.
• Wear applicable Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) at all times.
• Be able to complete Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments (HIRA) on work being performed.
• Attend Safety meetings.
• Responsible for safekeeping and maintenance of own PPE
• Transfer knowledge and give guidance to Artisan Aides/trainees to improve their skills
• Plan and order parts to minimize production delays due to tool, equipment and instrument failure
Demonstrates the following:
• Creativity, collaboration, sociable and awareness to the ecosystem
• Stewardship, accountability, ability to develop trust, safety conscious and ethical
• Ability to respond quickly to business needs/agility, flexibility, continuous learning, innovation and proven ability to experiment on creative business solutions
• Ability to be inclusive, eagerness for multiple skills, embraces multiple cultures, accepts different approaches and be human-centric/empathetic
• Results oriented, quality driven, excellence, entrepreneurial abilities, efficient and effective