||Institution: Post A: Louwville Community Centre
Post B: Diazville CDC
(West Coast District)
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy.
- Appropriate Cleaning experience.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Physically able to lift/move heavy objects and supplies.
- Ability to operate machinery and equipment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the correct methods of handling and disposal of refuse, waste products and adherence to policy and cleaning practices.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages in the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- General cleaning and maintenance (sweep, scrub, refuse removal, dust, mop, polish, clean clinic grounds, clean windows and walls).
- Effective and efficient utilisation and storage of cleaning material and equipment.
- Adhering to safety precautions and ensure adherence to occupational health and safety policies.
- Support Waste management.
- Maintain a high standard of neatness and hygiene in the facility.
- Optimal support to Operational manager and colleagues.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (Weslander 10/10/2019, PSVC 36/2019)