Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
- Provides inputs into the annual budgeting process in line with the objectives of the department;
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff are given opportunities for training and development in accordance with work requirements including on job coaching;
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff undergo statutory, legal, safety compliance training;
- Responsible for ensuring that a sound ER climate prevails in work areas by applying knowledge to ensure that appropriate procedures and mechanisms are in place to resolve ER issues such as grievances and disciplinary cases;
- Through education, training and performance feedback, responsible for instilling values of quality management in all staff members;
- In the event of identifying out of spec results, responsible for making decisions taking necessary actions to rectify the problem in order to ensure that relationships with customers are not damaged;
- Responsible for ensuring that regular inspections are conducted to monitor the adherence to such standards.
Minimum Skills Required
- National Diploma/ N6 in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or Qualified Artisan with Trade Test;
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in a leadership role, preferable in a manufacturing/ mining engineering environment;
- Must have experience in executing plans, delivering business goals and implementing changes to achieve or exceed targets;
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing principles;
- Knowledge of SAP and Kronos;
- Understanding of basic LRA, BCEA;
- Knowledge of Quality systems including but not limited to ISO 9001, ISO 18001 and ISO 14001;
- Computer literate in MS Office suite; and
- Must have driver’s license and own transport.
- Must give a vision, think positively and encourage employees to progress;
- Takes responsibility for own actions and stays balanced under pressure;
- Must use delegation as a key leadership tool while sharing knowledge and ideas with others; and
- Must be able to set clear priorities and deliver on promises.
Applicants whose skills, competencies and experience best match the above requirements will be invited for an interview.