Sappi Southern Africa
Fitter ( P11 )
Sappi Stanger Mill requires a Fitter to perform maintenance and repairs on machinery and equipment to ensure optimum plant availability.
This role reports in to the: Mechanical Foreman
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Maintenance, overhaul, installations and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Fit, assemble, grind and shape metal parts and sub-assemblies to maintain production machines and other equipment.
- Scope and plan works orders as required.
- Complete works orders.
- Adhere to all Engineering and Safety standards.
- Perform fault finding on equipment and participate in RCFAs.
- Perform daily and weekly route and plant inspections; and report all defects.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Matric. Full Engineering N2 Certificate. N3 Engineering would be advantageous.
- Mechanical Fitter Trade Test Certificate.
- Minimum of 3 years post trade test experience as an Artisan in a heavy industry environment.
- Rotable overhaul experience is advantageous.
- Experience in the Pulp & Paper industry is advantageous.
- SAP experience is advantageous.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Excellent faultfinding and troubleshooting abilities.
- The ability to work under pressure while following all procedures and standards.
- Must be able to perform standby duties.
Closing Date: 13 November 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.