Barloworld Logistics Africa
Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa
The core purpose of the role is to lead, organise, control and ensure effective execution of the Division’s Human Capital Strategy through leading and influencing all aspects contributing to integrated Organisational Performance, philosophy, policy and practice in line with Barloworld strategy and direction. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring all direct and indirect resources (such as staff, systems, policies and procedures) are in place, optimally and cost effectively aligned and continuously further enhanced to support the business in achieving the set strategic and tactical business objectives.
Automotive,Distribution, Warehousing & Freight,Fmcg (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector),Freight / Shipping / Transport / Import / Export,Human Resources,Logistics,Recruitment
- Develop and execute the Human Capital Strategy, operational plan and goals, enabling constant course correction to best support the Barloworld Logistics objectives.
- Partner with the CE and the Executive team to drive the end-to-end Human Capital value chain elements including, talent management, employee retention, employee engagement, training, resources planning, company culture enhancement, team building, employee development
- Maintain a forward looking focus, advising and directing the business on how best to incorporate current and future HC related trends (industry, political, economic, environmental, domestic and international) in order to better support the corporate objectives.
- Structure the HC function and its related resources to support and align to the business strategy, whilst providing structuring advice for the rest of the Barloworld Logistics business.
- Support the business and new strategic initiatives such as new locations, countries or joint ventures, by aligning the HC function to support these.
Operational Execution and reporting
- Ensure a HC function that is fit-for-purpose. Focus must be on the HC operating model, HC structure and HC delivery mechanisms to ensure optimal HC shared value.
- Ensure the HC capability and capacity are positioned to deal with business growth with an HC delivery model which is a key business enabler and enables minimum duplication and maximum coherence
- Oversee the implementation of employee engagement, employee relations, learning, development, recruitment and employee wellness strategies in line with company policies and procedures.
- Provide business with accurate reporting as it relates to key HC metrics that will augment the business goals and drive organisational effectiveness. Report on all HC related activities according to company and legislative requirements.
- Support and execute the Division’s digital HC journey and strategy
- Make BBS a core strategy within HC and eliminate waste through continuous improvement programmes and initiatives while developing and implementing bespoke change management processes to support of the divisional integration.
- Provide continuous HC related feedback and communication to the business and external stakeholders.
- Align the general HC environment, policies and procedures with the Barloworld Automotive and Logistics Division, by upholding the parallel reporting structure, participating in Divisional meetings, making use of any shared resources and support and balancing the Barloworld Group requirements
Talent, Transformation, Diversity and Inclusion, B-BBEE and EE
- Develop and execute clear, relevant and measurable plans in line with the Barloworld expectations to ensure execution of company transformation, D&I, EE and B-BBEE goals and targets
- Direct the development of the Barloworld Logistics leadership brand and culture and align leadership development programmes with Barloworld’s Leadership Competency Framework (LCF)
- Provide guidance on the talent management processes such as the Intellectual Capital Review (ICR) in line with Barloworld Logistics and Barloworld Corporate Human Capital management requirements.
- Lead the implementation of the company talent management philosophy and practice such as succession planning (ICR), Talent Forums.
- Direct the implementation of talent and leadership assessments to identify the competency/leadership capacity and capability gap to support the company talent and transformation strategies.
Commercial and Budget management
- Develop realistic financial visions and goals based on informed and well debated inputs.
- Develop, manage and control the annual departmental financial budget.
- Monitor and report on expenditure against approved budget allocations.
- Develop and Execute Academy Commercialisation plans
Employees – an Employer of choice
- Position the Barloworld Logistics BU as an employer of choice through offering a work culture and workplace environment that attracts and retains superior talent
- Shape and nurture the business’s culture: Lead initiatives to align different cultures into a single culture (one company mind-set) which is aligned to the broader Barloworld culture and the Company’s employee value proposition.
- Operationalise the Employee Value Proposition and the IEVM by reviewing and enabling priority actions, by conducting awareness and communication programmes.
- Direct the defining of appropriate reward packages to attract, develop and retain high performing staff.
Compliance and governance
- Ensure compliance across the business’ legal entities (as applicable) with the relevant legislation (e.g., Employment Equity Act, B-BBEE Act, etc.), Group/Company policies and procedures, including the audit and reporting requirements.
- Lead the due diligence exercises in relation to HC aspects of new contracts and business opportunities.
- Closely oversee and direct the management of any HC related risks (whether operational, reputational, financial or strategic).
- Set, monitor and manage the implementation and adherence to HC policies and processes, focusing on critical business areas and key performance indicators, whilst driving continuous improvement through challenging existing paradigms and practices.
Stakeholders (internal & external customers, suppliers, shareholders, communities)
- Serve on Divisional HC Committees, management committees and as trustee of pension funds.
- Build and maintain strategic and long-term internal customer and supplier relationships through formal and informal activities
- Collaborate with and provide a service to functional teams in order to optimise the HC overall service delivery
- Build and manage relationships with HC Executives across Barloworld Automotive and Logistics
- Ensure the Company’s Human Capital performance optimisation practices are aligned to Barloworld Group processes & principles and provide guidance and support in respect of the Company’s Integrated Talent Management Framework
- Support the business units (operational & functional) in respect of the Human Capital goal setting process and Individual Development Plans.
- Coordinate annual salary review process and Exco sign-off.
- Develop performance contracts for direct subordinates and conduct performance reviews to measure performance against agreed objectives and identify developmental needs. Provide HCBPs with guidance and support as it relates to maintaining a sound Employee Relations climate in line with the company’s employee relations philosophy.
- Set the example to the team and deliver on the employee value proposition by leading the team and the business in line with the Barloworld Logistics Leadership Behaviours.
opresentation & facilitation skills (change management
obringing to life abstract and complex concepts, communicating them effectively to executive-level audiences
oestablish rapport and persuade others.
- Effective negotiation skills at all levels (externally and internally).
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to network effectively, handle conflict, including sensitivity to diversity.
- Advanced critical, conceptual and creative thinking and problem-solving skills to spot trends, identify new HC developments, perform in-depth analysis of business requirements.
- Complex numeric reasoning skills to draw logical conclusions from for numerical information.
- Deep reporting skills including ability to effectively represent information visually
- Ability to multi-task
- Concern for defining future strategy or translating strategy into action/Tactics
- Readiness to make and own decisions
- Maintaining Business awareness
- A passion for optimizing organisational performance i.e. through system, technology and process enhancements
- Commitment to behaving ethically and correctly and strong desire to conform and adhere to governance requirements
- Strong inclination for change agility and developing bespoke change management processes
- Orientation to growing and nurturing relationships & stakeholder partnerships
- Concern for communicating effectively
- Focus on getting things done and initiating action and continuous improvement
- Remain resilient under stress and pressure
- Focus on analyzing and solving problems
- Focus on innovating
- Preference for making contact with others
- Strong customer centricity
- Preference for thinking practically
- Focus on convincing and persuading
- Preference for team working
Job Closing Date