||Institution: Lentegeur, Stikland, Valkenberg and Alexandra Hospital (Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services)
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate experience in cleaning, linen, stock and food related services in a hospital/health environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Ability to lift/move heavy equipment and supplies.
- Incumbent must be prepared to work shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Good communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Knowledge of basic food preparation.
- Appropriate knowledge with the use of the cleaning equipment, cleaning materials and cleaning detergents; stock and linen.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Deliver an effective cleaning service such as dusting, sweeping, polishing, scrubbing and mopping of floors, clean furniture and other equipment and empty dustbins.
- Effective use of cleaning agents, equipment and provide a hygienic environment to prevent the spread of infection.
- Ensure that cleaning equipment is cleaned after usage and securely stored.
- Safekeeping and stock control of linen, stock, consumables and equipment.
- Serve meals to patients and when required prepare basic snacks.
- Responsible for general hygienic and safe environment in terms of standards and procedures.
- Optimal support to supervisor and colleagues.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to a competency test.Kindly indicate your preference of institution on your Z83. A separate application has to be submitted if you apply for more than one institution. If a Z83 is received with more than one preference, only the first preference will be considered.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (People’s Post 12/11/2019, Plainsman/Tygerburger 13/11/2019, PSVC 41/2019)