South African National Space Agency
Hartebeesthoek, Gauteng, South Africa
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Innovation (DSI).
SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy. More information about the organization can be found at http://www.sansa.org.za
The following vacancy exists at SANSA Space Operations Directorate in Hartebeesthoek, to be filled by an individual with relevant skills, competencies and qualifications.
Engineering,Science & Technology,Telecommunications
Reporting to the Technical Support Manager, working with the Facilities team, the candidate will be responsible for general housekeeping duties of a minor nature under supervision on antennae, machines and facilities.
The ideal candidate will:
- Perform general work which includes collecting spares, office movement tasks, building maintenance
- Housekeeping and cleaning
- Perform inspections and installations over several different areas, usually of a minor nature
- Perform general maintenance and repairs of a minor nature, under supervision on painting, carpentry, welding, electrical, plumbing, road maintenance, fuel tank, air-conditioning, motors and generators, erecting antennas or any other infrastructure needed and installing new systems etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Grade 10
- A minimum of one year relevant experience
- Experience on painting, mechanical, plumbing and construction will be advantageous
- A valid drivers licence
- Ability to read and understand documents
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Background verification, including criminal record, medical checks, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this.
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your detailed CV and apply on: https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com , [email protected] or hand delivery at Farm 502 JQ, Hartebeeshoek, District Krugersdorp
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
Job Closing Date