Applications are invited for the above position based in the Engineering department at the Secondary Production plant in Port Elizabeth .
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Repairs and maintenance to machinery and equipment in line with prescribed regulations and standards;
- Regular inspections, fault finding and preventative maintenance jobs;
- Innovation and business improvements in support of operational and segment goals;
- Implemented initiatives of business plans;
- Turning, milling, welding and fitting for fabrication of components;
- Participate in the mini-business activities (E²);
- Adhering to relevant health, risk & safety regulations and quality standards.
The successful candidate must preferably have the following experience/skills:
- Work experience as a Fitter & Turner, Millwright trade test. Section 13 or Section 26D preferably
- At least 5 years working experience in an FMCG environment;
- Working experience with high speed bottling machinery a distinct advantage;
- Labelling experience advantageous
- Ability to work accurately and according to precise measurements and specifications;
- Competent in turning, milling, argon and arc welding;
- Competent in pneumatics and hydraulics;
- Reflect good leadership behaviour – towards colleagues, superior and company values;
- Able to do in depth problem solving and fault finding;
- Able to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position;
- Able to work shifts, on weekends and flexible hours;
- Have reliable transport to and from work.
- Minimum of N2 with a Mechanical related trade test certificate.
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Reference Number: 16248
Closing Date: 11 November 2019
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Engineer, Engineering