|AVSEC Screener 1 – (190000BR)
An exciting vacancy exists at Cape Town International Airport for an experienced AVSEC Screener 1 professional within the Airport Management division.
Key Performance Outputs
The successful candidate, reporting to the Supervisor Aviation Security will be responsible for the following:
- Grant access to authorized persons entering the restricted area;
- Facilitate luggage and people into the screening point and ensure flow control in the prescribed manner;
- Screen all luggage and carry-on items to detect threat items;
- Screen all persons to detect threat items and ensure flow control;
- Perform physical screening on all identified baggage;
- Perform profiling of both bag and person, including random screening;
- Mandatory reporting of all incidents;
- Operate according to ICAO, NKP and SACAA and other relevant legislation and all ACSA policies and procedures;
- Build and maintain sound internal and external stakeholder / customer relations whilst balancing enforcement with professionalism;
- Respond to all emergencies in the prescribed manner
Technical Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience or the equivalent of such, will be required:
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) and PSIRA Grade C card as under PSIRA Regulations.
- National Key Point certification would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of airport operations would be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Appointment will be subject to: SACAA Screener Medical Certification Requirement and security vetting.
The ideal candidate should be approachable, communicates well both verbal and written, customer-centric, detail orientated as well as being ethical and acting in line with the dominant values of the organisation
Positions will be filled in line with ACSA’s values and Employment Equity policy and plan. Preference will be given to members of designated groups that are under-represented and will also be advertised externally.
: Cape Town International
: Airport-COR (23500P)
: Business Operations-COR (13000P)
: Nov 8, 2019, 7:10:18 AM
: Nov 21, 2019, 9:59:00 PM