Applications are invited for the above mentioned position to be based in the Springs, Supply Chain within Production Department . The successful candidate will report to the team leader and indirectly to the Unit Manager.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that product of acceptable quality is produced at all times by applying process control and recording results according to the relevant quality procedures
- Ensure that causes of quality defects are identified and rectified
- Ensure that equipment is operated according to verified procedures, work instructions or SOP’s by suitably qualified / competent personnel
- Monitor progress against production plan and initiate corrective action / problem-solving timeously in order to make the plan for the shift / day
- Produce cost effectively by allocating required resources effectively, minimise re-work and limit waste
- Ensure that change-overs, adjustments and settings are performed on equipment as required
- Ensure that all specified preventative maintenance tasks are performed, incl. cleaning, inspections, lubrication and scheduled maintenance
- Conduct regular inspection of all equipment and initiate work orders if necessary
- Assist on maintenance planning and report back on maintenance performed.
- Ensure that all breakdowns are recorded and that feedback is provided on causes and corrective action
- Drive improvement in performance and availability of the production line
- Lead team according to Secondary Production Operating Principles to achieve line objectives – Quality, Speed and Cost.
- Ensure that shift actuals are recorded and records are kept as per relevant policy, procedure, work instruction or SOP.
- Ensure that all unsafe conditions are reported and repaired immediately
- Assist in facilitating the Mini business operating principles, processes and practices.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications and experience/skills:
- Minimum Grade 12 qualification or equivalent
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Production Management or Engineering field.
- Successfully completed Machine controller programme
- NQF 4 Generic Manufacturing management certificate would be advantageous.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- 1-2 years experience in a high-speed, high-tech bottling environment
- Good technical background is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to organise resources and effectively delegate tasks to subordinates
- Ability to develop and evaluate alternative courses of action and being aware of all criteria that has to be satisfied to address a problem.
- Can set controls over arrangements, follow up and evaluate task execution.
- Through perseverance and resilience, can stay with a task and display the required energy to achieve objectives and outputs.
- Knowledge of ISO and HACCP quality management systems
- Must be willing and able to work shifts and overtime if and when required.
Applications to be sent to:
If interested and meet all requirements, kindly log onto Distell’s Careers Page: https://www.distell.co.za/careers/ in order to register and apply online.
Reference number: 16361
Closing Date: 13 December 2019
Job Segment: Engineer, Engineering