||Institution: Groote Schuur Hospital, Observatory
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- General Education and Training Certificate (GETC) /Grade 9 (Std 7).
Registration with a professional council:
- Registration with the Private Security Regulatory Authority of South Africa in terms of the Private Security Industry Regulations Act (Act 56 of 2001) PSIRA.
- Appropriate experience as a Security Officer.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts and be available on a 24-hour basis.
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Must be registered with PSIRA.
- Must be physically fit.
- Proficiency in English (both written and verbal) as well as one of the two official languages of the Western Cape.
- Knowledge of security related prescripts, regulations and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Be responsible and diligent.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Ensure access/egress control.
- Patrolling of buildings, parking areas and perimeter fencing.
- Control of parking areas.
- Taking and writing of statements.
- Investigation of crimes and incidents.
- Giving of evidence at Court or disciplinary inquiries.
- Controlling of all hospital keys.
- Supervise outsourced security officers.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (People Post 3/12/2019, Vukani 5/12/2019, PSVC 43/2019)