Applications are invited for the above mentioned position to be based in Secondary Production, Wadeville. This person will report to the Engineering Manager
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Held a relevant leadership position in asset care in the Engineering and Maintenance domain with good knowledge in asset care best practices.
- Has excellent communicative as well as didactic skills,
- Enthusiasm in coaching people. Can successfully influence and motivate people and team.
- The asset care specialist has a strong technical background (in Mechanical-, Electrical-, Automation-, Chemical- area or equivalent education)
- Profound knowledge and experience in Reliability Engineering processes: Root Cause Failure analysis and failure modes, Fault tree analysis, (Potential) Failure Mode and criticality analysis (PFMECA), Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Predictive Maintenance Techniques, Statistical process control, Design Out Maintenance in projects, Reliability-, Availability-, Maintainability- and Life cycle cost analysis (RAMs), Production-Availability-Modeling, Documentation management.
Associated software experience for the analysis mentioned above is a plus
- Work management: Maintenance Planning, Scheduling and preparation techniques. Performance tracking, Backlog management, Shutdown management, Maintenance systems and tools (CMMS), Calibration and Validation processes, autonomous Maintenance work, etc. Associated software experience is a plus
- Organization and Performance Management: Maintenance competencies and skills, Key Performance indicators of Maintenance and Reliability, Maintenance Cost Management and operations planning
- Service and Materials management: Outsourcing strategies, Service Level definition, Materials Resource Planning (MRP), Risk assessment, Inventory management processes
- Has a very good understanding and is competent in the responsibilities for Maintenance as defined in the site key position profiles.
- He or she needs a thorough understanding of operational as well as managerial levels of Maintenance.
- Has a high level of autonomy. Can independently structure, analyze and synthesize findings with minimum coaching
- Understands continuous improvement principles as well as change management aspects of implementing an improvement program. (OPEX experience is a plus)
- Strong problem-solving, analytical conceptual and quantitative abilities. Pragmatic and action-oriented with an ability to produce measureable success.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Applicants must possess a Btech/BSC/Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related qualification.
- A deep understanding of engineering, maintenance asset care in an FMCG Environment is essential experience in a production plant.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a FMCG production environment will be advantageous
- Demonstrate excellent project, process and people management skill
- Be computer literate with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Must be innovative, analytical and pro-active
- Be systematic in solving technical problems
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Have good business communication skills, both written and spoken
- Have sound planning and organising abilities
- Proven previous Project Management experience
- Strategic thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and meet demanding deadlines
- An action & self-driven, motivated person.
- Strong numerical aptitude
Applications to be sent to:
If interested and meet all requirements, kindly log onto Distell’s Careers Page: https://www.distell.co.za/careers/ in order to register and apply online.
Reference number: 16586 Closing Date: 3 January 2020
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Project Manager, Change Management, Engineering, Technology, Management