An established logistics company in Pretoria rosslyn will employ a Junior Warehouse Controller who is willing to work 4-day shifts on rotation (night-shift included). A Code 10/ Code 14 driver’s license ideal. The successful candidate should ideally be based in south Africa an neiqhoring, or willing to relocate. HUGE possibility for long-term growth in the Company.
- Check the loading sheets are correct.
- Ensure invoices are printed and check against loading sheet.
- Write out pallet control notes kept by finance.
- Ensure that all invoices and pallet control notes are returned and handed to finance department.
- Ensure that the trucks are loaded and that correct stock is loaded.
- Taking temperatures of the truck, loading area and stock while truck gets loaded and documented and handed to QC department.
- Ensure that all trucks are clean, once a week or when it is dirty and documented and handed to QC department.
- Conduct truck inspections on weekly basis on truck inspection sheet.
- Ensure that trucks are maintained and serviced at required intervals and Truck Maintenance form to be kept up dated.
- Ensure that load and trip planning is done on a daily bases and trip sheets must be kept updated.
- Control levels in holding freezer and apply FIFO principle.
- Hand in thermometer for inspection and calibration daily to QC department.
- Capture scrap that gets discarded and send it to finance department.
- Ensuring that the waste bin (Skip) is collected on time three x a week.
- Arranging for safe disposal when necessary.
- Ensuring that retention samples are picked for taste panel on daily basis – how.
- Count stock at DIGISTICS every last day of the month on stock count sheets supplied by finance and handed the count back to finance after stock has been counted.
- Assist in receiving department when required.
- Request stock from DIGISTICS as required through E-Mail and delivery note will be issued by DIGISTICS what stock has been requested.
- Management of discipline.
- Own Time and attendance management.
- Own Work performance management.
- Policy compliance.
- New Employee Induction planning and implementation.
- Coaching (on-the-job training, mentoring).
- Compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Support of other departments and employees in carrying out their responsibilities and duties in support of company objectives.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Minimum experience in years needed to do job effectively (2-4 years’).
- Minimum of 3 years in stock management within a financial department.
Minimum Qualifications / Courses
- Matric with Mathematics or Accounting
- Diploma in Stock & Inventory Management
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong financial stock control ability
Other Attributes Required
- Work effectively with others in order to maintain company standards.
- Organise oneself and one’s activities to constantly maintain financial information system.
- Collect, analyse and critically evaluate information to ensure processes are maintained.
- Communicate effectively in order to receive instruction and implement instructions.
- Understand world as a set of related systems where your role and responsibilities directly impact the availability of information to the company as well as your role within the financial department
- Identify and solve problems related to your role.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: R8,900.00 to R23,900.00 /month
- Driving: 3 years (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 3 years (Required)
- High School (matric) (Required)