Head of Tax for Southern Africa
Would you like to be a part of the company that wherever you are in the world, you’re never far from one of vans, trucks, warehouses, scooters, planes, boats or your colleagues?
At Deutsche Post DHL, we connect people, improving their lives across 220 countries worldwide and offer unparalleled expertise in logistics solutions as well as international mail services.
In Tax department we are managing all corporate income and indirect (transactional) tax matters within DPDHL. Would you like to join us? Would you be able to develop and administer sub-functional plans on tax related matters, tax compliance and accounting principles to maintain effective tax rates, minimize tax risk and improve cash?
If this is something what interest you, read on:
Your tasks will be:
- Implement tax related processes, services and activities within laid down guidelines, regulations and systems
- Review tax accounting, preparation and submission of tax returns, tax assessments and tax returns, execution of tax payments and refunds
- Stay updated, analyze and execute changes owing to impact of new tax regulations and laws
- Provide expertise and support to specialist departments and business departments for tax-related matters such as CIT, WHT, VAT, etc.
- Assist with the provision of necessary data and information to tax authorities for conducting tax audits
- Support with Audits from authorities
- Identify issues and suggest recommendations for enhancements in the Tax processes, service standards and best practices
- Identify, select, manage and review performance of external service providers for tax and compliance areas such as tax consultancy firms
- Connect with and influence other specialist departments and 3rd parties e.g. external service providers (e.g., consultants, auditors)
- Explain facts, practices, policies to others within the organization and to external parties and infrequently convincing others to accept new concepts, practices, and approaches
- Build relationships and understand customer and key stakeholders interests and concerns and network widely across businesses to strengthen the organizational and business knowledge and share information and learning with others
- Producing monthly and quarterly tax reports as required
Your profile should look like:
- Knowledge acquired from several years of experience in particular area (+2 years of experience comparing to the job level below)
- University Degree in Finance Law ideally with Major in Tax or Accounting
- Tax Certification is a plus or Chartered Accountant Qualification
- Excelent English language level
- Amazing chance to be part of an international company with a leading position on the market
- Amazing chance to be tax support and advisor with focus on different geographical areas of responsibility (South Africa, Angola, Zambia, Mozambique, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Botswana, Swasiland, Lesotho and Madagascar)
- Outstanding opportunity, responsibility and as well as a fantastic working environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.