The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: With 6B€ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
The purpose of the role is for the successful candidate to assemble stainless steel components, sub assemblies and major assemblies as per specified work procedure, work instructions and engineering drawings to meet the defined production schedules and quality levels.
- Follow task sequencing and Work Instruction – Build welded assemblies for new products and changes to existing products and as per per engineering
- Document and establishd production standard
- Preparing and setup of necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs.
- Arranging of parts for welding and staging processes
- Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements i.e. continual improvements
- Review finished assemblies & parts to ensure accuracy against drawings & WIS
- Report fabrication issues and assist in resolutions required
- Conduct quality self-inspection of own work before shipping to next station
- Support the EPU Manager
- Drive cost improvement initiatives through continuous improvement
- Maintain equipment standards (through TPM schedules)
- Identify and report on any secondary damages
- Maintain 5S condition of the working zone
- Maintain safety standards in the department
- Operating other necessary equipment and performing tasks necessary to complete parts to specific.
- Red Seal in Boilermaking or Welding
- N3 technical certification would be advantageous
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Welding environment
- Ability to read, write and follow procedures
- Able to work with minimal supervision, and be able to follow instructions
- Good time management, prioritising and sequencing tasks
- Willingness to be trained in more than one discipline of the rolling stock process
- Able to perform the same task repeatedly & consistently
- Must be able to consistently stand for entire shift
At Alstom Transport, we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry. More information about Alstom can be found at: www.alstom.com