||Institution: Khayelitsha Community Health Clinic (Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services)
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Appropriate cleaning experience at a Health facility or hospital.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Ability to lift/move heavy equipment and supplies.
- Perform overtime, work shifts, public holidays, night duty and Relief in other departments when necessary.
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment.
- Communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, independently and unsupervised, accepting accountability and responsibility.
- Able to handle conflict and the ability to work under pressure.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- General cleaning and maintenance of cleaning equipment.
- Dust, sweeping, polish, scrub and mop floors, passages, furniture, empty dustbins and sort soiled linen according to correct cleaning procedures.
- Effective use of cleaning agents and stock.
- Responsible for general hygienic and safe environment.
- Handling cleaning equipment.
- Elementary stock control.
- Assist with the offloading and unpacking of stock.
- Attend training sessions where applicable.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to a practical test as part of the selection process.