Date: Feb 17, 2020
Location: Midrand, GT, ZA
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 79640 – Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Scope of Responsibility:
The Customer Development Manager is responsible for achievement of Sales targets through excellence in execution at the point of sale. They must develop and support the partnership between CP and the customer(s)/Distributors at the store and regional level by nurturing contacts and negotiating with Store Operations/in-store personnel. They provide feedback on the in-store environment which allows rapid revision of competitive tactics.
The Account Manager plays an integral role in ensuring profitable growth by:
Business Development and Monitoring
- Building and managing relationships with key players in the customer(s) or channel at the regional and/or store level.
- Conducting negotiations as necessary ( listings,planograms,displays,promotion execution etc) at regional office and/or store level. They need to conduct regional/national business meetings and take control of pricing and the P&L
- Implementing and maintaining in-store tactics developed within Category Management partnerships with the Customer(s)
- Co-ordinating special events (store-level sell-in and communication ,materials management in-store etc.) in co-operation with the Business Development Manager.
- Working with customer service to track orders, troubleshoot and achieve customer service KPI’s.
- Working with Logistics to plan, analyse and forecast customers needs and to ensure on-time and complete delivery.
- Monitoring sales and distribution performance , particularly for new products and taking timely action to drive continuos improvement.
- Monitoring competitive activity at store level, recording and consolidating key activities, monitoring speed and breadth of distribution and identifying competitive best practices and discussing with the BDM so that they can proactively respond with strategic/tactical refinements.
In – Store Personnel Management
- Regularly visiting stores in order to identify areas of improvement
- Monitoring performance vs objectives , providing continuous coaching and feedback and conducting appraisals based on data.
- Reviewing Field Sales and Merchandiser itineraries ( location,frequency,duration vs plan) and roles to ensure optimal deployment of limited resources.
- Giving direction to in-store staff ( merchandisers) and ensuring that they are trained and updated on new products, promotions and merchandising objectives. Identifying training needs and and developing training plans with the Team Leader.
- Working with the BDM to develop tools, merchandising materials and in-store programmes for effective shelf management to induce shoppers to purchase Colgate products at shelf.
- Supervising the consistent and accurate collection of data to allow monitoring of 5P performance vs target.
In – Store Compliance
- Clearly communicating in-store objectives and monitoring execution of 5P targets, product availability, assortment by store format, shelf pricing ( regular and promoted) promotion implementation vs plan , share of shelf and planograms , POP placement vs plan.
- Resolving operational issues at head/regional offices or in-store
A minimum of a Bachelor’s or similar degree is required.
- A proven track record of performance with at least 3-5 years of increasing Marketing/Customer Marketing/Sales responsibility and strong relationships his/her with customer(s)
- Previous experience working in a matrix environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.