Jet Park 1, South Africa
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
Key Performance Areas
- Conduct repairs on Rebuild equipment as per Project plan
- Inspect & test rebuild machines
- Conduct Root cause failure analysis on equipment report to Workshop Foreman
- Compile arrival and failure reports for all Equipment received from customers in order to generate a quotation for the customers
- Carry out repairs as per OEM specifications
- Compile Bill of Materials for Work in Progress jobs
- Update, maintain and give input to Workshop Foreman on internal business systems (eg. Project plans, work in progress jobs etc.)
- Report any deviations and/or damage of equipment to Workshop Foreman
- Tag & ensure that rebuild and components are stored in designated areas
- Carry out instructions as per works order received from Workshop Foreman
- Transfer skills and share knowledge with colleague
- Provide progress feedback to workshop foreman regarding repairs on rebuild equipment
- Carry out instructions to address all complaints & suggestions referring to rebuild equipment
- Perform visual inspections with Workshop team on rebuild equipment to ensure adherence to OEM standards
- Inspect tools and equipment and report all deviations from standard
- Safety, Health and Environmental Effectiveness
- Grade 12 / N3 Technical Qualification / Equivalent Qualification
- Relevant Trade Certificate
- Basic Computer literacy
- English proficiency
- 3-5 years experience in manufacturing and assembling workshops
- 3 -5 years relevant mining experience
- Underground/surface mining environment
- Maintenance of earthmoving equipment in mining/construction environment
How to apply
Please apply online through Workday (ESS) or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers.
Applications close: 10 March 2020
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not hear from us within 21 days from the closing date.
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 0800 331 331
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
Apply Online for the Sandvik Learnership Programme
The post Sandvik: Artisan Assistant-March 2020 appeared first on Online Jobs.