The Volkswagen Youth Employment Service provided work for 560 unemployed youth last year and now it is open for 2020
As part of the public-private initiative lead by the Presidency to address the perpetual youth unemployment crisis in the country, Volkswagen Group South Africa has partnered with the Youth Employment Service (YES) Foundation and other organization to create employment opportunities for unemployed youth.
In 2019 VWSA provided work opportunities for 560 unemployed youth who were places through the following channels.
- 70 internally (Uitenhage, NSO and at the Distribution Centre in Centurion)
- 236 within the VWSA Dealer Network across different regions
- 254 with SME host partner across the country
VWSA will continue with the YES Programme in 2020, and invited applications for consideration by qualifying youth.
- Candidates should be black, in accordance with the BEE definition
- Must be between the ages of 18 – 34 years (as this is the definition of youth)
- Have a valid SA ID documents
- Have a minimum Grade 12 certificate
- Are currently unemployed
- Not studying full time
- Have no been permanently employed with a single employer for more than one year
- Hungry for an opportunity
Please note acceptance is not guaranteed – it is subject to meeting all the required criteria. Successful candidates will be placed with any of the hosts where opportunities for jobs are available closest to where he candidate lives. Successful candidates will received a stipend for 12 months from the time they are placed with a host. Each candidate will also received work readiness training which will help to prepare and guide them through their work experience.
To apply for this programme please go to the Harambee Mobi Site and register for an account there. The address is WWW.HARAMBEE.MOBI
Closing Date 31 March 2020
The post Youth Employment Programme About X500 People Wanted All Provinces appeared first on Online Jobs.