Auto req ID: 205793BR
Conducts diagnosis of equipment failures
- Works with and through technicians and other employees to establish equipment performance before the breakdowns were reported.
- Establishes whether the equipment breakdown is related to a missed planned maintenance or part failure or human interference
- Uses any of the problem (finding and) solving techniques like 5-Whys, RCA, decision trees etc to pin point the real problem behind failures/breakdowns
- Uses electrical test instruments to troubleshoot and test transformers, motors, switchgear and other electrical devices for defects.
- Completes job card in consultation with the maintenance planner and requisitions parts depending on the outcome of the above.
Conducts preventative maintenance
- Performs defined and/or ad hoc electrical and equipment testing
- Corrects electrical systems and equipment malfunctions through testing, adjusting, sequencing, synchronizing and aligns such systems and equipment as AC and DC power supplies, main power control panels, motors, generators, circuit breakers and relay panels.
- Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures.
- Verify and execute preventive maintenance standards on all electrical distribution equipment.
- Completes documentation relating to work done for future reference in the event of failures
- Continuous reference to equipment drawings, engineering standards and GMPs in the performance and closing out of jobs done.
- Performs electrical preventative maintenance inspections and repairs on a variety of electrical equipment.
- Ensures that scheduled maintenance in terms of Electrical plans is conducted as prescribed following defined protocols and compliance to GMPs
- Completes job cards and parts requisition documents timeously to improve on mean time to repair thus ensuring high plant availability
- Serves as an electrician repairing, installing, replacing and testing electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
- Attends to all electrical and mechanical plant breakdowns and will conduct the diagnosis as stated under point 1 above.
- Clearly dermacates workstation in accordance with procedures in the event of major work to minimise disruptions and possible injuries as a result of human traffic and area being used as thoroughfare.
- Adhers to AIB and relevant food safety programes and environmental protocols.
- Adheres to Safety protocol at all times.
- Completes documentation of work done and close out on ad hoc call outs
- Updates parts/spares records in conjuction with the stores
- Mounts motors, transformers and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
- At least N4-N6 electrical engineering qualification,
- Good electrical fault finding skills.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office and maintenance software (SAP preferably)
- Fully conversant with Environmental, Health and Safety Standards.
- Responsible for Technical Assets.
“PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer in line with the Employment Equity Act”
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Pipeline
The post PepsiCo: Apprentice Programme 2020 appeared first on Latest Online Jobs.