About the Position
Provide second level support on applications utilised by Value user base. Maintenance, enhancements and consultation of business applications.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide second level support as escalated by the Service Desk.
- Investigate and resolve user problems.
- Identify and implement improved methods of rendering support.
- Provide standby support on critical issues only.
- Liaise with other members of the IT department when troubleshooting problems.
- Investigate and analyse business needs and provide solutions.
- Investigate, recommend and install new applications.
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Document and escalate programming problems.
- Handle project tasks.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Understand, enforce and adhere to company and departmental standards.
- Ensure that all calls are logged on the call logging system.
- Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
- Analyse user project proposals to include identifying potential problem areas and recommend optimum approaches for project path.
- Participate in the development, implementation, installation, and testing of applications software.
- Participate in the development of training materials and assist in conducting training and workshops in parallel processing.
- Assist external customers with support requirements.
- Monitor and manage applications, check applications, manage error logs.
- Identify and fix recurring server issues together with infrastructure.
- Identify and implement alerts where necessary, action alerts.
- Incident management, calls resolved timeously, no repeat calls.
- Continuous improvement, user training of new solutions, proactive measures, site visits
- Specialist focus area, training within the department and of new solutions, testing of new solutions, knowledge retention, knowledge transfer within the department and knowledge of different interfaces and business units.
- Maintain professional conduct.
- Assist in relevant operations/operational functions as required.
- Ensure dress code is in accordance with company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain housekeeping standards on a daily basis.
- Ensure standards of Health and Safety are maintained.
- Good technical background of hardware and software.
- Experience in an IT environment for a minimum of 5 years.
- Experience with system solution design, documentation and training.
- Formal SQL server qualification.
- Experience with custom integrations.
- Experience of using call logging software.
- Technical support.
- WMS Experience.
- TMS Experience.
Can utilise applicable hardware and software e.g. Freightware, ISAStore, Oracle and SQL within the organisation.
- Team Player.
- Attention to detail.
- Sense of urgency.
- Basic knowledge of Visual Studio.
- Basic Oracle knowledge is advantageous.
- Basic logistics knowledge is advantageous.
- Knowledge of application that has been assigned.