About the Position
Carry out tasks and functions in the warehousing environment that require operations knowledge and expertise. This role entails costings and proposals, tender preparations, commercial aspect management as well as management of staff within this area.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Understand the service requirements of potential and current warehouse and Freightpak customers in order to generate suitable quotations and cost adjustments.
- Liaise with customers and potential customers where needed.
- Accurately cost warehouse and Freightpak solutions based on analysis from provided information.
- Advise on service methodologies / solutions based on customer requirements.
- Ability to generate rate and revenue projections for the purpose of feasibility as well as rate increases.
- Carry out profitability analysis on different operations.
- Manage and control tender requests and submissions.
- Review costing models to ensure continuous alignment and profitability.
- Manage contractual engagements to ensure alignment with solutions put forward and accepted.
- Ensure closure of contracts.
- Manage contract periods for warehouse clients.
- Manage client increase calculations and ensure these are done timeously.
- Review tenders in full.
- Manage data and submission documentation.
- Manage the solution that is put forward.
- Ensure submission on time and in full.
- Ensure contractual requirements are managed in the process.
- Manage the staff within this function.
- Ensure succession planning within the area.
- Monitor staff performance.
- Manage leave, time and attendance of all staff.
- Drive skills development of staff through training and other initiatives as regularly as required.
- Identify problem areas and initiate IR and HR processes as required.
- Ensure that all HR and payroll records are in place and maintained (Job profiles, competencies, appraisals, wages etc).
- Ensure that all staff are well managed, to improve productivity, reduce overtime and ensure that staff are motivated and productive.
- Accounting / Charted Accounting Degree.
- Commercial background.
- Logistics/warehouse/business management diploma/degree beneficial.
- 5 years of experience in the costing / accounting environment at least 3 of which is in the logistics / warehousing industry.
- Costings and accounting skills.
- Administrative skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Time management.
- Analytical skills.
- Well presented.
- Hard working.
- Positive attitude.
- Has a sense of urgency.
- Detail oriented.
- Knowledge and understanding of costings, P&Ls and general financial areas.
- Knowledge of commercial contracts and how they are negotiated, entered into, closed and maintained.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the functioning of operations and systems within warehousing.
- Have knowledge and understanding of all relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
- Have knowledge and understanding of Value policies.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures and policies applicable to own work area.
- Knowledge of how to gather business requirements.