About the Position
The Senior Developer will be responsible for creating and maintaining software according to business and technical requirements, as well as enhancements and maintenance of existing software.
Duties and Resposibilities but not limited to:
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents.
- Develop according to written technical specifications.
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects.
- Create, document and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Development of new software as well as maintenance and defect identification and correction of existing legacy software.
- Maintain professional conduct.
- Assist in relevant operations/operational functions as required.
- Ensure dress code is in accordance with company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain housekeeping standards on a daily basis.
- Related Diploma/Degree.
- 7+ years development experience in a cross section of application environments including MS SQL and C#.
- Ability to challenge the norm.
- Ability to “think outside the box”/radical thinking/lateral thinking.
- Interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Well-developed time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines and with timetables.
- Analytical thinking and decision making in a complex environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability (Flexibility and innovation in approach).
SQL Server 2008/2012
Transact – SQL.
Basic DB Design principals.