Sasol | Machine Operator
Closing date: 30 June 2020
Operating entity: UBE: Mining (All Mines)
Geographical area: South African Mining operations
Role category: Operations
Req Id 76566
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
An operator in production provides support in the operation of machines for a specific mine/section/plant within the Sasol Mining environment, to achieve production requirements in a safe manner.
FUNCTIONAL OUTPUTS (Critical tasks)
- Ensure machine is constantly in a safe operable condition (completion of pre-check list)
- Demonstrate skill in the operation of machine
- Execution of daily tasks as per instructions and/or planned schedule
- Identification of any abnormal conditions and reporting thereof
High Level competencies
- Operate 1 mining production machine
- Applying relevant knowledge and skills of machines, tools and equipment to adhere to standards and production targets.
- Visual inspection of working environment ensuring safety standards are adhered to and reporting any unsafe conditions.
- Complete assigned tasks accurately and ensure working areas and machinery are clean and in good condition.
- Function efficiently and effectively as part of a team to work towards achieving team goals.
- Sensitive on how your actions affect the cost of your team, identify and act on cost saving initiatives.
Please note the following clauses:
- The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Gr12 / N3 / NCV Level 4 (Preference will be given to candidates with Maths & Science as subjects)
- Valid Mining production machine license (Roofbolt; Shuttlecar; Continuous Miner; LHD/EIMCO) Attach copy of your license/s to your application
- Competent B Certificate (applicable to Roofbolt operators)
- Gas testing (5 gasses)
- Mining processes & methods
- Mine infrastructure
- Water reticulation
- Ventilation systems
- Machines & equipment managementKEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Self-Mastery – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Functional / Technical:
- Safety Awareness
- Safety Procedures
- Knowledge of major hazards
- Knowledge of critical controls
- Emergency Preparedness
- Standard Operating Procedures and Code of Practice applicable to tasks (SOP and COP)
- Mine Health & Safety Act
- Interpret written information & work’s instructions
- Roof and sidewall control
- Cutting sequence
- Team Orientated
- Follow instructions
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Continuous Improvement/Flexibility
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
FIND MORE JOBS