The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university anchored in Africa and intent on global excellence and stature. With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and multiple partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice.
The position is also responsible for overseeing the execution of all sports programs and events on campus. Including the student sports recreational programs. This position serves as a liaison between the clubs, residences, SRC internal stakeholders, and pertinent external entities and ensures that campus sport is operating within the University, UJ Sports, and Federation policies.
- Coordinate the operational financial management of the DFC sports entity in line with university financial policies.
- Coordinate and ensure implementation of the institution’s mass participation and recreational program.
- Growing, maintaining skills and knowledge in the fields of sport and recreation
- To support teaching, learning as well as fostering skills development and transfer in our campus programs.
- Administer the effective functioning of the DFC Sport structure.
- Ensure that Change management and Transformation is continuously monitored and implemented
- Ensure corporate governance within DFC Sport.
- Ensure a desired and student-centered sports experience (recreational) through the provision of participation opportunities and professional services.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of key relationships with internal (UJ) and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with sport managers to support student-athletes in high-performance teams by providing performance excellence programs with the aim to achieve the sport-specific outcomes in the respective regional and national competitions.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of key stakeholder relations.
- Maximize 3rd stream income form for DFC Clubs
- Deliver the desired student experience through sport participation on and off the field.
- Continuous communication with alumni, supporters, communities including the web and social media.
- Brand awareness through a strategic marketing plan.
- Liaise closely with the International office and use existing partnerships to recruit students.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is compulsory, preferably with a major in sports management.
- Three (3) to five (5) years related working experience in Sports Coordination at a University Level or Higher.
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety and sports-related safety measures.
- Be knowledgeable and have proven skills in the field of University Sport.
- Be competent in basic financial management and reporting
- First aid qualification would be sufficient. Level II would be preferable.
- A valid driver’s license
Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Must be self-motivated and be able to complete job assignments without direct supervision
- Strong relationship-building and consulting skills;
- Analytical thinking
- Be able to effectively liaise with players, coaches, and administrators.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Effective leadership and people management
- Experience in University Sport
- Conversant with Microsoft office packages
- The ability to perform under pressure;
- Excellent writing, verbal and electronic communication skills;
- Good Presentation Skills
Enquiries regarding job content: Ms. Nompilo Zondi (011)559-3070
Enquiries regarding remuneration and benefits: Mr. Innocent Masoka (011) 559-1531 (HR Business Partner)
LOGIN AND APPLY ONLINE AT http://jobs.uj.ac.za
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae, as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees, must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to, and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output, and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general inquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to [email protected]
If you require technical support/assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email [email protected]
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience, and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.