ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER: IT FINANCE AND ACQUISITIONS
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER: IT FINANCE AND ACQUISITIONS
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 10
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will perform financial administration for the Department of Information Technology Services (ITS). This administration will include processing and coordinating IT acquisitions, liaising with Finance and service providers, financial reporting and capturing of IT Asset Management information.
The incumbent’s responsibilities are listed below:
- Financial Administration:
- Capture requisition and asset data onto the University’s Finance system;
- Monitor available funds before processing orders, proper use of accounts, cost centres and projects on the financial system;
- Compare all related financial and vendor documentation received (including but not limited to invoices, delivery notes, quotations) against officially generated UP orders;
- Address inquiries related to orders and payment;
- Liaise with Finance on journals required to transfer funds or recover income;
- Acquire appropriate approval for orders as per UP policy;
- Maintain financial components of key ITS contracts;
- Maintain standardised financial reports for ITS on expenditure against budget as well as forecasts on expenses;
- Office Administration:
- Administration of the procurement approval cycle for all IT divisions;
- Maintain an electronic and hard copy filing system for all UP orders processed for ITS (Financial and Vendor documentation);
- Distribute documentation as required;
- Manage annual rollover of open orders;
- Control all communication to assist with IT procurement processes and to resolve matters with internal and external parties;
- Active follow-up with all parties to ensure timeous approvals and payment of invoices;
- Information Security and Governance:
- Co-operate in the compilation, testing and execution of the Information Governance and Disaster Recovery controls for the IT portfolio and resource management team;
- Assist in the documentation of the processes, procedures, policies, standards and the application of best practice in the IT portfolio and resource management team;
- Ensure adherence to relevant legislation and UP rules;
- Ensure compliance with health and safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe working environment.
- Diploma (NQF level 6) in financial administration/supply chain management;
- Three years’ experience in:
- Financial administration;
- ERP finance systems (PeopleSoft Finance, SAP, EBS, SAGE);
- Two years’ general office administration experience.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Administrative structures and processes;
- Planning and organizational skills;
- ERP finance;
- Technical Competencies:
- Financial acumen;
- Computer literacy;
- Communication skills (verbal and written);
- Financial reporting;
- Behavioural Competencies:
- Relationship management;
- Conflict handling;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Active listening;
- Analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently but also function effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to produce accurate work under pressure.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Degree (NQF level 7) in financial administration/supply chain management;
- Certificate in Microsoft;
- Five years’ experience in financial administration in an Information Technology environment with exposure to ITS contracts;
- Two years’ experience in:
- Asset management;
- A higher education environment.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za and follow the link: [email protected]
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 13 May 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms V Makhubele, [email protected], for application-related enquiries, and Mrs C Cairncross, [email protected], for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 July 2020 please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.