Provide the strategic direction for the infrastructure function across the organisation:
- Assesses the relative impact of IT industry trends to current and future infrastructure needs and projects
- Interfaces with heads of various business units and other IT functional areas to define infrastructure support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participates in IT strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure technology and systems and best practices as related to the needs of the business
- Proactively research and recommend courses of action to prevent problems and to maintain high infrastructure service levels for the user community
Provides strategic leadership to formulate and implement Infrastructure strategy by:
- Translating future business needs into infrastructure requirements,
- formulating strategic guidelines for infrastructure best practice directives, standards, and policies
- engaging with stakeholders in the formulation, acceptance and implementation of IT Infrastructure strategy and governance mechanisms
- Benchmarking against leading competitors, in order to stay competitive
- analysing and predicting trends and Developing infrastructure strategy, architecture, policies and service delivery standards
- developing long-term infrastructure strategic plan designed to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness of the entire organisation’s IT infrastructure
Lead team to reduce costs:
- Constantly identify and exploit cost reduction and cost optimisation opportunities
- Deliver cost reduction targets
- Continuously scan the external and internal environment to identify new technologies and strategies to improve business processes and add business value
- Directs IT asset management team to ensure asset’s full lifetime cycle value is achieved.
Lead team to deliver infrastructure services and solutions that meet business requirements by:
- Maintaining good understanding of business applications architecture
- Directing infrastructure planning, acquisition, and deployment functions
- Implementing sound infrastructure solutions design and development methodologies, standards and tools
Lead team to support and maintain IT Infrastructure and Operations to required service levels by
- Ensuring reliability and availability of infrastructure
- Ensures systems performance and service level requirements are met.
- Implementing IT Service Management (ITIL) practises and processes
- Implementing sound infrastructure monitoring and management standards and tools
- Implements continuous service improvement programs within the set company guidelines.
- Oversees IT services continuity planning and implementation, including disaster recovery, security, availability and capacity planning
Provide strategic leadership to ensure effective operation of the (centralized) shared infrastructure department within current business model:
- Effectively sourcing services and capabilities at right locations across territories
- Developing and nurturing strategic partnerships with key IT product and services providers.
- Establishing and maintaining communications channels to proactively assess, clarify and validate business needs at different levels
- Constantly managing service levels and quality to end-user satisfaction across all regions
- Developing healthy relationships with key applications owners and business process owners
- Supporting Projects management team in identifying and prioritizing demand for new applications solutions
- Orchestrating seamless customer service processes and customer issues escalation management
- Building customer centric culture
- Establish repeatable best practice processes
Provide resources and effective leadership to the whole team by
- Overseeing planning, allocation and management of resources (financial and otherwise) to ensure appropriate balance between operational and strategic demands
- ensuring effectiveness of talent (skills & competence), coaching and mentoring as required
- Ensuring clear accountability and responsibility within the section;
- Encouraging collaboration and team work through formal and informal communication structures enhance promoting knowledge sharing across teams
- Developing, and implementing plans to facilitate employee development and succession planning;
Take accountability for overall governance and performance of the department by
- Setting performance objectives and targets
- Establishing metrics, key performance indicators and service level agreements for driving the performance.
- Constantly evaluating and reporting performance, implementing corrective action as and when needed
- Meeting governance and compliance requirements
- Provides in-depth technical expertise for both tactical and operational initiatives.
REQUIREMENTS OF CANDIDATES:
Minimum Required Qualification
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent qualification)
- Formal Management qualification/training
Minimum Required Experience
- Must have:
- IT Management experience
- 10 to 15 years of IT and business/industry work
- At least three years in managing multiple, medium to large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders
- Experience in key infrastructure areas such as network design and administration, data centre operations, database administration, server & storage, PC/Desktop
Apply Online for Barloworld Equipment: General Worker Opportunities
Apply On Company Site
The post Barloworld Equipment: General Worker Opportunities appeared first on Latest Online Jobs.