Professional Nurse – COVID 19 (CORONA) Response – Ref No: OD008/20
Fixed Term Contract
We are looking for a Professional Nurse to provide support in the COVID-19 (Corona) project through direct service delivery (DSD). The incumbent will also provide technical support on COVID–19, by supporting the Department of Health (DoH) and collaborating with other NGOs on the implementation of COVID-19 mitigation activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the DoH and collaborate with other NGOs on the implementation of COVID–19 mitigation activities such as facility preparedness status, triaging, screening and testing, infection prevention and control, collection of specimens as per need and data quality monitoring.
- Monitor the implementation of the recent guidelines and protocols related to COVID –19 activities.
- Identify program support needs at assigned facilities and advise accordingly.
- Facilitate integration of COVID–19 and other services.
- Support the DoH in conducting trainings and empower colleagues (e.g. orientation and knowledge transfer).
- Assist with data analysis and use.
- Attend sub–district office meetings, internal meetings, workshops and skill development sessions.
- Ensure timely submission of work plans, requests and reports.
- Ensure documentation of tracking and tracing activities at facility level and at community level by relevant tracing teams.
- Support QI projects as assigned.
- Do research work as and when required.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Qualification as a Professional Nurse with midwifery.
- Valid registration as a Professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council (SANC).
- Clinical work experience on communicable and non–communicable diseases.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word and basic MS Excel skills.
Submit your CV and application letter to Olga Daswa at email@example.com .
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!
Closing date: 13 May 2020
Job to apply for: