Takealot | Content Producer
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Content Producer to join our team in Cape Town. You will have responsibility for the creation, design and maintenance of communication content targeted at Takealot’s third party merchants.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position will report directly to the Merchant Onboarding Manager.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Conceptualising, creating and maintaining training, education & communication content targeted at Takealot’s third party merchants – this includes content to educate merchants on the use of Takealot’s systems, business processes and growth opportunities
- Developing content on many channels, using a variety of software tools (e.g. email, recorded videos, onsite communication, webinars, presentations)
- Developing content for multiple audiences
- Researching and keeping the team abreast of competitor trends and best practices with regards to communications
- Work with a variety of stakeholders across the business, including technical Product Managers and commercial teams
- Give input into and execute on a merchant communication plan designed to deliver on driving defined metrics (e.g. user adoption of a new system feature)
- Gain a deep understanding of business processes linked to the relevant content subject matter
- Adhere to design processes and standards
- Manage the roll out of any new content
- Good understanding of digital design and communication principles
- Top of the class English written communication and creative copy writing skills
- An ability to translate a communication brief into effective copy across multiple touch points in a way that resonates with the relevant audience
- Highly organised and efficient, with an ability to work towards and meet tight deadlines
- Creative mindset – you must have the ability to work across different media and quickly grasp new communication tools
- Versatile and with the appetite to learn by doing
- Knowledge and experience of working with email and video communication tools (advantageous)·
- Experience in creating content for tech Product development (advantageous)
- A minimum of 2+ years working in E-learning/ copywriting / content production and/or related digital communications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in communications, copywriting, English language or related degree
- Experience in an e-commerce environment (advantageous)
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.