Anova Health | Decanting Coordinator
Fixed Term Contract
City of Johannesburg
We are looking for experienced and organized Decanting Coordinators support the decongestion of facilities through supervising and overseeing activities run by Decanting Mentors aimed implementing repeat prescription collection strategies (RPCS) – adherence clubs, spaced fast lane appointments and decentralized medicine options for patients on chronic treatment, targeting those that are stable.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide direction and supervision to sub-ordinates; the Decanting Mentors.
- Familiarise self with district healthcare system, policies, and appropriate lines of communication.
- Familiarise with and ability to use clinical standards and guidelines.
- Implement, monitor and evaluate operational plans.
- Conduct continuous reviews on programme implementation progress of programmes implemented.
- Track progress of supported programmes against set objectives and targets.
- Identify training needs and assist in the development of training plans for supported facilities and subordinates.
- Identify bottlenecks and additional needs to improve service delivery and opportunities to exceed targets by supported facilities.
- Ensure effective and efficient communication with all programme stakeholders.
- Supervise and train facility staff on the use of all relevant tools and documentation (Adherence Plan, RPCS, Club registers, Cohorting SOP, Club registers, CCMDD SOP’s).
- Supervise and perform monitoring activities including updating of Club registers and collection of relevant statistics (COJ, Pepfar and M&E tool).
- Mentor on & Ensure that pre-packaging of medication for clubs is done according to SOPs/GPP.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Tertiary qualification (Degree) in a health-related field.
- Professional Nurse with Nimart/Pharmacist Assistant.
- A course in HIV Management will be an added advantage.
- Support Group and Adherence Club Facilitation experience will be an added advantage.
- A certificate in project management or a good understanding of project management.
- Proficiency in English.
- Experience in management of Health Programs.
- Strong knowledge of HIV/AIDS programs.
Submit your CV and application letter to Nelisiwe Zondo at [email protected]
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!
Closing date: 27 May 2020