Business Unit / Group Function:
Managed Operations – DBGS (Group services / Corporate)
Musina, South Africa
Experience / Work Type:
Associate / Permanent Employee
27 May, 2020
Closing Date: 27 May, 2020
You put safety first. That’s why we want you.
Safe. Smart. Sustainable. Probably not the first words you typically associate with mining. But De Beers is not your typical mining company. Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world, with a mission to support local communities, protect our natural environment and shape a brighter future. With headquarters in London and mines in four countries – Botswana, Canada, Namibia and South Africa – we are truly global.
We seek talented people who share our belief in a better future for mining and are ready to make a difference.
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us.
Ensure a Safe, Efficient and Cost controlled execution of the mine plan and schedule to exceed project deliverables and mine ramp up to production. Establish Drilling and Blasting systems and processes in line with the Venetia Underground Project Innovation and Technology Implementation journey for effective work planning & execution control, & that performance standards meet required standards – establish high performance operating culture. Challenge and support Mining Planning and Technical design processes in ensuring mine plans, technical functions and schedules provide inputs to support safe and efficient mining operations. Guide Drilling and Blasting technical systems selection and monitor performance and effectiveness of the mining contractor. Seek early opportunities to introduce supporting new technologies to improve execution of works.
An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors / Honours Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant mining engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualification to 8 years relevant experience
- Knowledge and understanding of SA Mining laws, regulations, codes and guidelines preferred, not essential.
- Leadership and practical experience in Underground mechanised Mining
- Management of modern, mechanised mines in both project development and steady state operation. Experience in med-large scale SLC, Caving or Open Stoping mines preferred.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of blast designs software and processes
- Front line management experience in underground mechanised mining jumbo development mines, and underground construction in medium-large scale operations.
- Knowledge of Project Management concepts, including Cost Control/ Engineering, Project Integration, Project Commercial Management, Project Risk Management and Document & Data Management.
- Knowledge and experience with business improvement processes
- Effective communication, conflict resolution, contingency planning and problem solving (root-cause-analysis) skills
- Ability to constructively challenge mine contractor performance and introduce modern practices and operating methodologies/standards.
- Ensures site work is completed in adherence to the Project Safety, Health and Environmental Plan and the De Beers / Anglo Safety, Health and Environmental standards and systems.
Any other requirements to perform the work effectively?
- Valid EB driver’s license
- Must be able to work without supervision and be a team player
- Drives personal accountability and accountability within the team
- Instils a culture of disciplined execution
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Inclusion and Diversity
De Beers Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equal opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Apply for De Beers Group Careers
The post De Beers Group|| General Workers Opportunities appeared first on Online Jobs.