About the Position
Looking for a financial data analyst to be part of a dynamic and developing data team in charge of the full data scope of the finance department. The vision for this role is to bridge the gap between traditional accounting profession and technical data aspect of the environment.
The role will require obtaining an understanding of department policies and procedures, recommendation and development of systems, and reporting that will enhance the function of the department, in line with the current technological environment. Further the successful candidate should have a strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a team, as the role will require cross-departmental collaboration.
The department is fully committed to developing the technological footprint, and leveraging all the advantages this would include. The successful applicant would be expected to be part of this vision. An interest of integrating best data practice and technology in a practical business setting will be an advantage.
Exposure to finance environment (advantageous)
- Relevant Data Analyst Qualification
Other Skills required:
- Advanced MS Excel
- Microsoft SQL Server
- MS office (excluding excel) (advantageous)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Power BI (advantageous)
- Perform procedures related to the costing allocations related to monthly and annual reporting
- Data support of all financial functions, with a drive to automate and optimise processes
- Development of systems and workflows
- Creation and deployment of reporting to allow for the monitoring and maintenance of functions
An ideal candidate will be able to align their personal work values to the OUTsurance values of awesome service, dynamic, honest, human, passionate and recognition.
In accordance with OUTsurance Insurance Company Ltd Employment Equity goals, preference will be given to individuals who meet the job requirements and are from the various designated groups.